Tuesday, June 21, 2011

English Doll Pram or My Newest Project

 This is what I found at a garage sale on Saturday. I almost missed it because my head was in a box marked antique fabric.
 Here's a close up of the pram. In the background is the little tea set I also bought. As you can see, there's quite a bit of rust on this little pram.
 The rust is nothing compared to the state of the cover. Yuk.
 Ok, wait, this is the inside of the pram. I don't think anyone wants to put their baby doll in this thing! Double Yuk.
 I spent the afternoon unscrewing the pram, sanding and painting the body and sanding the rust from the metal.
Here's a closer look. It isn't perfect and I should paint it but how to deal with the tires? Maybe I'll just clear coat it after I attack the rust one more time. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...