Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day Mug Rug

My dad drinks coffee all day long. There is always a pot going strong. Personally, I can't stand the coffee he drinks but to each his own. So for Father's Day I bought him a bag of Starbucks House Blend and made him a mug rug. I love that they're not called coasters any more. Mug Rug is so fun.


But I digress. I had left over printer fabric from this quilt. So when I was thinking about what to get my dad for Father's Day, I thought I'd make him something to go with his coffee. What better than a coaster? (ok, mug rug). This photo has always been one of my favorites. The original photo is in color but we were out of color ink so I went with black and white. My mom made us matching dresses and I guess one of my brother's took this picture. It's probably the only photo of me as a child with both my parents alone. 


On this father's day, I have to say some really nice things about my dad. He is one of the only people I've never seen angry. Everyone loves him. He gets enjoyment out of the simplest things. As a teenager he would hop right out of bed to pick me up when I was stranded without any anger or lecture. He is the biggest tease ever. 


Happy Father's Day, Dad. I know you'll never read this post since you don't have a VCR let alone a computer but thanks for being the best!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...