Sunday, November 20, 2011

Craft Fair Catchup

'Cowel Girl' neck warmth for the winter season to come. 
 I've been looking forward to Saturday for some time. A good friend asked if I would join her for a craft show at her children's school. I agreed for two reasons: to try to sell a few of my items and to have a little 'girl time.' Kedren knits cowls. I just love them! They were a big hit at the fair. She calls it 'cheaper than therapy.' Isn't that the reason many of us sew or quilt or knit or craft?
Pal Toy'ds on display
 One of my goals was to sell off my Pal Toy'ds. I thought a $5 price tag would get them moving. Lots of girls came to check them out and there wasn't one left at the end of the day. Yeah!
The stand.
 Another item I wanted to go go go was the doll carriage. I sold it for a song. I just don't have the space to keep it so I was happy to at least break even on it. The woman who bought it was really interested in my quilting, too, so at least the little doll quilt is going to a good home.
My gothic crucifix prayer quilt is the one hanging in the back of the stand. 
 One thing that didn't get any comments was my prayer quilts. Since the craft fair was at a Catholic school I thought I'd get some comments at least. That's great information. I still have some beautiful medals and may think of some other ways to use them. I came home last night and hung up the quilt I loved the most. You can see it in the above photo. Also, click on the above photo to get a closer look at the Sculpy nativity and beads. They were crafted by Kedren's daughter Tess. Don't you just love them???
Here we are. It was so much fun to sit and chat for hours with a friend. Many of our friends also came to support us which was so dear of them. It was such a lovely way to spend my day. Thanks for the invite, Kedren. Let's put it on the calendar for next year!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Looks like fun! How is Kedren? You'll have to tell her I said 'hi'. I'm surprised your prayer quilts didn't get many comments. The piece you have displayed is very cool and quite interesting! Do you have that in your Etsy store? I'll have to take a look.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...