Thursday, November 24, 2011

Owl Pal

 Thanksgiving. A day that means many different things to many different people. It used to generally mean two meals and a too full stomach. As the years have gone by and loved ones have left us for the glory beyond, traditions have changed. Thanksgiving is a little quieter than it used to be. I like quiet but sometimes I miss the craziness.


Today, while the soup cooks, I'm thankful for many things. I've got them close in my heart. I hope you take some time today to reflect on the things for which you can be thankful. 


This morning I whipped up this little owl. I discovered Joanne Fabric carries a line of Denyse Schmidt fabric. They call it DS instead of using her name, probably because the quality isn't quite as superb as her usual line. Then again, the price tag isn't quite as superb either! It is beautiful fabric and I bought two pieces to make some owls. When I initially saw the owls in a blog post, I didn't realize how tiny they were! Of course it'll be easy to adjust the size. I hope to have some time this weekend to sew some gifts and play around with some owls. Sunday is advent so I dug out the advent houses and nativity yesterday. Nolan's birthday is on Friday. 14 years old. Wow. I'm thankful.
I have his eyes attached with pins right now. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...