Sunday, December 4, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Nolan at age three. Big cheeks and big eyes! 
Nolan on his 14th birthday doing what he does best.....being dramatic.
Words escape me when I think about the young man my baby is turning into. It's always fun to try to find something to really surprise him. I don't always bake him a cake because he doesn't really like cake. When I asked if he wanted a cake he surprised me by saying yes. He had no requests beyond a cake so I had total freedom. I decided to make the cake from Portal. The boys have wanted to make this cake for a really long time but I knew Nolan would never have thought I'd make it for his birthday. I ended up putting ice cream between the chocolate cake layers, frosted it with whipped cream and added shredded chocolate to the outside. He loved it! He was quite surprised (as you can see by the photo). The whole family said it was the best cake ever.


Happy 14th Nolan. I love you beyond words.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...