Wednesday, December 28, 2011

List Making

From the "making for Christmas list." White chocolate covered Oreo cookies. Yum.
I really love making lists. There's something so organized about them. Like it may be easier to accomplish what's on the list just because the list is so 

  1. neat and 
  2. tidy and 
  3. numbered.
I think in actuality, what I like even more about the list is checking off the items I've completed.

I've been working lately on slowing down. I have a tendency to work in a frenzy to get things done. I'm surprised my blood pressure isn't higher. I need to remember that there isn't any reason (usually) for the walk to be swept, dinner to be cooked, bills to be paid, homework to be completed as quickly as possible. That savoring the moment is also an option. 

Often I work at the speed of light because I don't really want to be doing whatever it is that I'm working on. I want to be doing something else. I need to stop pining away for the next thing and work on enjoying the moment in which I'm living.

Easier said than done.

So....I guess that's one of the items I'll put on my list. Enjoy the now.

I'm going...to enjoy the now of a movie with my hubby. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...