Saturday, March 17, 2012

Quilt Show

 On Wednesday I walked downtown to the AQS quilt show. It was a beautiful day so I decided to walk instead of drive. It was a real treat to take the whole day for myself and to be able to be in no hurry whatsoever. I feel very blessed to have these few months to do some of this self-preservation. I don't even feel guilty about it. 


It was a wonderful way to spend a day. I had only been to one other similar quilt show many years ago. I'm very glad I went alone. I was able to walk past those quilts and vendors in which I had no interest without wondering if my companion wanted to stop and I could stand and look at something for as long as I wanted without feeling I was imposing on anyone. 


Although I do have photographs of some of the exhibited quilts, they prohibit the uploading of those photos onto the web. The above photo is from a vendor. I asked permission to photograph this tiny quilt and put it on my blog. They happily agreed. The company, Paper Pieces, sells paper piecing supplies. They will send you a free sample if you ask. 


If I am to be completely honest, I enjoyed the quilts at the vendor booths much more than the exhibit quilts. Everyone has their own opinion, of course, but I like quilts to be used. I appreciate the skill and time it must take to make the quilts on display but most are more appropriately called art quilts. Art quilts just aren't my "thing". 


I was inspired to keep sewing and quilting by the show. I also was able to purchase a few things and I hope to share those with you in the near future. Some are just fun purchases, some for inspiration and a few are really useful items that I'm looking forward to using.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...