Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Quilt Week









Here are some more photos of the amazing quilts that I was able to view yesterday. There was one room full of Grandmother's Flower Garden and Dresden Plate quilts. I do so love those! I also have an affinity for quilts showcasing one color, like the pink quilt you saw yesterday and the blue quilts above. I've never made one myself but always love them when I see them. The photo just above this text is a quilt pattern I recently ran across and have never seen before. I saw it on a blog somewhere and didn't take note of where but was intrigued by it when I saw it there and then was surprised to see it again so soon. I'm not exactly sure how it's made but it is lovely.


It appears it is quilt week here in Lancaster County. There is the big quilt show at the Convention Center and also a showing of the Esprit quilt collection at our defunct quilt and textile museum. I haven't been to either so I'm thinking of splurging and seeing it all this week. I won't have another opportunity and I probably should take this one up. It's a gorgeous day so I can walk downtown. My neck and arm are still bothering me so I won't be able to garden (darn!) but will feel this is making good use of my time. If I do go, I'll be sure to share the photos with you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...