Saturday, March 10, 2012

What I've been up to, a photo post.

Yesterday was Nathan's 16th birthday. He's becoming such a young man! He's applying for his first job today.
The quilt. I've changed my mind about the layout and cut some strips this morning for some 9 patch blocks. 
The quilt again. These blocks will be in between the 9 patch blocks. Well, unless I change my mind again. Which I may.
Corner round. For 4 years every time I went up stairs I hated that our hall way was without corner round. It took me about an hour to miter cut and nail it all down. Mike's in charge of painting. It's sort of pathetic that something that bothered me so much for so many years was so easy to remedy. I hope I keep that in mind for the future. 
Mike and I are in charge of the music for our 7 last words program on Good Friday at church. We've been working out the music. It is so wonderful to play and sing together.
I'm still studying and writing papers. In fact that's probably what I should be doing right now. I'd like to finish paper number 4 by Tuesday.
Germinating. Seeds, that is. We've got LOTS of tomato plants and a few peppers, onions and cucumbers growing in the sun room. It is so delightful to see these little guys grow so quickly. 
Decorating the sunroom. Every year I try to do a little more to the house. This year we are adding curtains to our sunroom to try to keep it cooler in there during the heat of the day. I've loved these IKEA curtains for a long time and finally decided to splurge.  
New chairs for the sunroom. We live out here when it's warm enough and needed some more seating. I think the colors will liven up the room and go well with the curtains.
The garden. We've been working on keeping out the critters. We have so many birds, rabbits, squirrels and cats in our neighborhood that garden covers are necessary. We have been able to keep the cost of the garden around the same as our CSA price last year. That doesn't count the amount of gas we spent getting there. 
And finally my most time consuming event: homework. I've done quite a bit of negotiating with both boys schools this year and helping them cope with 8th and 9th grades. It's been a struggle many days but one that will reap many benefits.
My day today is just as busy as the last few weeks have been.I can't believe how hard it is to get everything done even when I'm not working. There is just so much that I want to do and I know that my time is limited. I start my classes in Phila. in June and will be gone all day every day and then will start working again in August. I guess I'm trying to accomplish my list in the months I have left at home! Happy Saturday everyone.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...