Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Great Salad Experiment

A black radish. At market it looked like a basket full of coal.

The insides are white. It's a spicy treat.



In June I'll be traveling to Philadelphia every day for 7 weeks. It's going to be an intense time and I know I'll be exhausted. I want to try to take a healthy lunch and I'm a big salad eater over the summer when it is hot and the veggies are fresh and local. I wondered if the salad would stay fresh if prepared all at once for the week. So today I started the grand experiment after returning home from market. My salads have 2 kinds of lettuce, carrot, black radish, breakfast radish, mushroom, red pepper, avocado, tomato, bacon and feta cheese. I also make my own salad dressing. It's usually a conglomeration of items I find around the kitchen: olive oil, lemon juice, herbs, onions, peppers, etc. I haven't had a bad batch yet.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Mmmmm. Those salads sound amazing. I'm curious too if they stay nice and fresh for you. You'll have to let us know. How wonderful that you have them in a ready to grab container!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...