Sunday, April 1, 2012

Focus or Obsession?





I love it when I can focus on something for several hours at a time. I'm not one of those people who thinks multi-tasking is a good thing. I'm not saying I don't do it, I'm just saying that I don't think it's very productive. 


Sometimes my focus can be a little obsessive but it certainly gets the job done. One of my spring projects has been to work on decorating our sunroom. We spend an inordinate amount of time in this room and we'd love to someday make it a four season room with new windows and hardwood floor and heat. We certainly don't know when that someday will be. So in the meantime I've been sprucing it up a bit. I bought curtains and new chairs which helped brighten things up and then I wanted to focus on our "dining corner." I hate the table we have in there, it's a plastic IKEA table that worked well when we were homeschooling but isn't so wonderful as a dining table. One of the chairs fell apart and so we just added in an old dining room table chair. Someday (are you sensing a theme here?) I'd love to find a wooden table and chair set. I keep looking but haven't found anything that is perfect. I'm in no rush.


In the mean time I worked yesterday all day to make the quilt you see hanging on the wall and the table cloth, runner and coasters. I do ADORE the fabrics. They came from a local quilting shop. Our JoAnn Fabrics is expanding and I am not too pleased with the result. It is starting to feel like WalMart to me. Some of it may be that I'm not good with change. All the fabrics are in a different spot, EEEK! I guess I'll adjust. In the mean time perhaps it'll keep me from buying more fabric.


Oh my, I sort of got off track there, didn't I? Well, my focus isn't too great this morning, I guess. Anyway, I was so grateful to have a day that I could spend in the sewing room and I'm really pleased with the outcome. I have a few other projects for the sun room that I hope to complete before June. I'll have to show some photos of the whole room when I get a little more accomplished. Of course I'm also working on a major quilt (it's bigger than my design board right now) and I've agreed to whip up an Easter dress for a friend's daughter. I guess sewing is really an obsession!

1 comment:

Jan Hennessy said...

Do you ever check out Burning Bridge in Wrightville for fun furniture? Worth the trip!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...