Monday, May 14, 2012

The Working Man

Nolan started his first job this weekend. He's working food and beverages at a local amusement park. When I say 'food and beverage' I'm talking Dippin Dots, Slushies and soft pretzels. He worked two 8 hour shifts this weekend and was tired, tired, tired last night. He seems to really like working (and counting up his pay). We're very proud of him. 


We're counting down the days until school ends. This has been a very difficult year for Nolan. I think 8th grade is just a hard grade in general. Nathan struggled last year as well but has had a wonderful 9th grade year. Nolan has made the decision to attend our local Catholic High School next year. So it will be my first year having two children in two different school districts. 


I'm counting the days until school starts. In just over a month I'll be traveling 1.5 hours twice a day to and from my Montessori training college to learn the ins and outs of teaching in a Montessori classroom. I have to admit to feeling a little nervous about the whole thing. I've really enjoyed my time here at home and am a bit sad to leave it behind. 


I find that to really get things accomplished (again....that nervous feeling that my time is coming to an end....MUST....GET....EVERYTHING....DONE....) I need a list. I guess my memory isn't very good or I get too distracted. I do love checking off the things I've accomplished. So here's my list for today:

  • Sew the binding onto my latest quilt to finish it
  • Hem the Cassock for our seminarian (Holy sewing....)
  • Paperwork (health insurance, school, work, etc.)
  • Call a few friends about getting together
  • Plan for the feast of San Paschal Baylon (Nolan's saint)
If I can finish that by 3:15 I'll be happy. Once the boys are home I concentrate on their needs and push my own desires to the side. I'm blessed to have this day to work here at home. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...