Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Spanish Montessori Materials

We are fortunate at our school to have a Spanish teacher. The kids really love having Spanish once a week and a few of them are quite good at remembering the vocabulary and the phrases. I, however, am TERRIBLE at it! So, at the end of the year I was thinking about a way to extend our Spanish class throughout the week by putting some materials on the shelf. 

Each classroom also picks one country to focus on for the year and so to go along with my desire to add Spanish language materials to the shelf, I thought we'd study Puerto Rico next year. That way I'm sort of killing two birds with one stone.

I also thought it would be nice to share some of the materials I'm making with the world at large since I've benefitted from similar generosity many times. In fact, sometimes I think half my materials I found for free on the web!

I don't know how quickly I'll get things done  but I do plan to work on them throughout the summer. I started with something simple: the colors/los colores. I've included red, yellow, blue, green, orange, purple, white, brown, black, gray, pink and a card for 'the colors.' The download is 7 pages long. 

Of course it is always fantastic to add music to any educational venture and I thought I'd post a few links to some songs that use the words for the colors in Spanish.

I'm very picky about the music I play at school. I find that many recordings for children are very low quality and do not even use real instruments! So I don't often use recorded music in the classroom. Generally I just sing with the children or sing and play an instrument. That being said, some of these songs are better than others but I'll let you be the judge of that!

The Colors Song (I like this one because it is simple. We sing an even simpler version)
Colors, Colors
Spanish Vocabulary (not a song but a nice little video)
De Colores (Rafi- have to get that one in here!)

If you've got one you like, leave a comment with the link. To download the material click on the link at the bottom of the page. Let me know what you think!

Los Colores Matching Cards Download.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...