Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers

Well, here he is, Tigger. T-I-
double-guh-Rrrr. He's bouncy, floucy, trouncy, pouncy, fun, fun, fun, fun, fun.

I have to admit that embroidering his stripes took a bit longer than I thought. I'm still glad I did it. I know it looks much better than if I had drawn them on with a marker as the pattern suggested.

I'm hoping my wool felt will arrive tomorrow so I can sew the r
est of the gang (Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore, Kanga, Roo and Rabbit). If you have never read the original Winnie the Pooh stories you need to. They are slightly different than the Disney movies, but so endearing and wonderful. These felt creatures that I will sew are taken from the original drawings in the book by Ernest H. Shepard. I especially love the stories about Rabbit kidnapping Roo and trying to tame Tigger. Rabbit's grumpiness makes more sense to me in the books than in the movie. A must read for every adult who didn't get to read them as a child.

One more note: When Nathan (now aged 10) was a toddler, he used to ask for "More Pooh TV." Meaning, he wanted to watch Winnie the Pooh, just one more time. A classic book and a classic movie. Simplicity at its finest.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...