Friday, June 1, 2007

button up

Last night I finished another quilt top. I didn't have quite enough fabric for the backing so I pulled out the other quilt tops I had never made into quilts to see if I could start finishing any of them without a trip to the fabric store. I was able to match up one of them. It is a quilt top I made with this really groovy-vintage looking flowered fabric you can sort of see in these pictures. I didn't (and still don't) love the finished top. I put the whole thing together and then started thinking about how I would quilt it.

When I finally went to bed last night I was feeling somewhat low about my creative abilities. Should I bother doing any of this or am I wasting my time (and more importantly, money)? I mulled over it in bed, prayed for some guidance, thought about a few other things and then the idea to make buttons popped into my head. I have never done this before but we had Sculpey clay and a how-to book so after devotions this morning, I took my coffee out on the patio and began rolling clay.
My plan is to get a lot of the quilting finished this weekend and attach the buttons in the center of the pinwheels on the quilt. First we have a trip to the local public library. It's the kick off of the summer reading program. I can't wait.


2 comments:

amy said...

Ahhhhh....God-inspired creativity, what's better?
I just love these buttons!
peace,
amy

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Very cute and very clever!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...