Friday, August 10, 2007

End of a Great Week

I finished it on Thursday. The pinwheel quilt. I will try to take a good picture of it at market tomorrow as I want to hang my quilts in a new way to show them off. These are some close ups. This quilt makes me think of going to grandma's house, snuggling with a good book and some homemade cookies.Speaking of a good book, I am reading The Seven Storey Mountain by Thomas Merton. It is his autobiography. He was WAY smarter than me and so I don't even know about 1/3 of the vocabulary he uses but I am blown away by this book. The spirituality of it all. His conversion is so interesting to me in a way that is helping to continue my conversion. This may sound weird if you are not Catholic. As a former Protestant, I used to think you were converted once and that was all there was to it. I now know that conversion is a process that lasts a lifetime. I can not at this time express the thoughts and feelings that are swirling around in my head because of this book. I have just never read anything quite like it and it is impacting me in so many ways. Maybe later I can talk about it more. Maybe I will never have the words.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...