Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Bag Lady

I'm having quite a bit of fun making these bags. I'm not sure I'm a great bag designer but it is fun trying to imagine what the bag will look like and then figuring our just how to cut and sew it. The above bag gave me some difficulty last night and I ended up ripping it apart today and sewing it back together. I'm glad I did. I'm also glad I waited until this morning to do it. This bag at the side didn't turn out exactly as I was hoping but it was close. I don't carry a purse too often and I was thinking about what kind of bag I would like. I wanted one that had an extra long strap and was somewhat like a small messenger bag. I didn't have quite enough fabric to make a longer strap without piecing it and since the bag itself was a little wider and shorter than I would like I just made the strap with the material at hand. This now reminds me of the kind and size of purse I carried in about the 6th grade. I do like the fabrics and am tickled with how the red butterflies accent the red in the outer fabric.

I have to admit I really like the larger bags the best so far. I may try to make a similar bag but just a tad smaller.

We are off to the library to search out a new book. Nolan has the good fortune to sit across from another avid reader. He's getting some good book ideas. If this one's a go I'll post about it soon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...