Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Black Bean and Crab Bisque

I do not have a picture for this but wanted to share. I got this recipe out of one of my cook books but don't have the title of it handy. The recipe called for Guiltless Gourmet bean dip. I couldn't find this at all and so substituted as follows:

Black Bean and Crab Bisque

3 cups chicken broth
1 can (15 1/2 oz until they decide to change the amounts again so we don't know the price is going up) refried black beans (the kind I bought already had some zing added with peppers)
1 can (6 or 8 oz) crab
sour cream (optional)
green onions (optional)
Brandy (optional and I didn't use it and so I have no idea how much you were supposed to put in).

Soooooo easy: mix chicken broth with refried beans and cook until boiling. Add crab and cook until crab is warm. Eat. You can add sour cream and green onions to it prior to eating but I'm telling you the three ingredients are all you need. If you are a weight watcher the points are like three per serving (without the sour cream that is). Yum.

Oh, I think the brandy was to be mixed in with the crab. I don't know for sure. I don't like brandy and I have no idea how it would change the flavor. If you want to know, leave a comment and I'll hike to the kitchen and read the recipe again.

Try it, you'll like it. It has a nice little kick.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh! That sounds great! Patrick wants me to make it so I'll let you know if mine turns out. Is it a dip or a soup?
~Yvette

Anonymous said...

We had this tonight - it was great! Thanks so much for sharing it!
~Yvette

Karen said...

This sounds really good Beth! What an interesting combination. It's not one I would have thought of. I would try this tonight if I had the ingredients on hand. I'll have to be sure to include them on my next shopping list. Thank you SO much for participating in my linky party!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...