Sunday, July 13, 2008

Mimi's quilt along stash buster


Mimi's quilt along
Originally uploaded by simplysewn
Well folks, I've got too many projects in my house. So what do I do? Order more fabric for another one. Actually, the boys picked fabric for their curtains (yes, their room is painted and de-rosed). I had a little trouble finding enough yardage but was able to order it off of etsy. I'll show it to you when it arrives.

I just finished the table runner top that I blogged about yesterday. I am loving this so much. The pattern shows appliquéd cherries but I knew that wouldn't work with this color combination. I thought and thought and did some internet searching and then finally realized this fabric reminds me of candy. So I've decided to appliqué wrapped candy into the centers. I spent some time trying to find a free pattern on the internet when I remembered that I had a book of appliqué that I bought for something like 50 cents when Hancock Fabrics went out of business. Sure enough, there are candy patterns. I'm trying to decide how to appliqué. There is an amazing machine appliqué tutorial on Sew, Momma, Sew which makes me want to give it a try. I think I'll have to do a little practicing first.

1 comment:

Happy Zombie said...

I love your quilt along runner! Can't wait to see what it looks like with your candy.

I'd love to have your quilt in the gallery on my blog when ever you're done/ready. Just email me when you're ready, and I'll do the rest.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...