Saturday, July 12, 2008

Saturday Sewing

I love Saturday mornings. I am usually awake a few hours before everyone else. It is just so lovely to feel like I can do something for myself without feeling too guilty. I have been hand quilting every day which I really love but it will take quite a while to get the whole quilt finished. I think I have quilted about eight of the squares so far. I've decided to see just how many Jane Austin movies it takes to quilt this baby. So far I've watched Emma and I'm almost through Pride and Prejudice. I like to quilt while watching something I've seen many times that way I don't really have to look at the screen. It's more like listening to a movie.So I made the coffee and did some Internet searching (I'm looking for a paper pieced rose pattern that I've seen SOMEWHERE but I can't seem to find it) and then decided to start on my Summer Stash Challenge. I am making this table runner although I may use a different applique than the one in the pattern. I'm using up my Moda Marble fabric. I think this is my most favorite fabric of all time. The colors are so vibrant and they have so many to choose from. My favorite quilt store has a whole wall dedicated to it.

I got all the pieces cut (as you can see from the picture) and I've sewn the first stage together. I'll probably get the top together today as I'm really excited about it. I love when a project comes together quickly. Our cat Jaws (we didn't name him) loves my sewing room rug. I think my sewing room may be the hottest in the house but this cat insists on sleeping in there (it probably accounts for all the cat hair on my fabric). He looked like he was having a great snooze and since I've noticed that cats and quilters seem to go together, I thought I'd share his little picture.

I'm off to weed and do laundry before Nolan's last swim meet of the season. Then later....more quilting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi I'm on the Summer Stash Challenge too so I thought I'd pop in and introduce myself.

Can't wait to see your finished table runner. I'm doing an Autumnal Quilt to use up lots of bits of FQs -similar techniques might help your off cut problem? I'm just a beginner so it's all new to me.

best Wishes,
melanie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...