Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sent, finally

Well, I finally got to the post office. I meant to send this weeks ago and just didn't get there for one reason or another. I added a few "goodies" to the box as a peace offering. I had a hard time sending the Wilbur Buds as I do love them so. Fortunately, I am trying to stay away from candy so sending them the same day I bought them was a good thing on my part. I only ate one.As you can see here is my second try at the mini quilt. This time I got the theme correct. I used the red fabric given to me by AmandaJean and added some blacks that I picked out to match. I found the pattern for the hearts somewhere on line but couldn't begin to tell you where at this point. They were pretty easy and I'm pleased with how they look. I used the rose fabric I bought for the first mini quilt (for those of you who are wondering what I'm talking about, I thought the theme was roses and made a quilt and then realized that the theme was hearts!). This was my first try at free motion quilting with my new darning foot. I definitely need some practice. I used red thread on top and white on the bottom. The red came through a bit on the bottom and looks a bit strange but I figure no one will really see that side. I added a little rod pocket for a dowel rod to fit for hanging. I hope she likes it. I love the quilt she made me and can't wait to hang it in my sewing room. Click here for a picture.

1 comment:

Amanda Jean said...

your quilt is adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...