Saturday, July 19, 2008

Red Love

Look what came in the mail for me!!! Wow it felt like Christmas. AmandaJean and I agreed to a fabric trade. I told her that I love red and look at all the red goodness she sent me! Big pieces, too. The card is hand made and also delicious. Makes me think of fruit at market. AmandaJean I am IN LOVE (appropriate that the fabric is red, isn't it???). Thank you, thank you. I have been keeping it on the dining room table so that I can just look at it every time I walk by. Your package is in the mail. I hope you don't mind some scrappy pieces but there are some larger ones too.Today my friend Paulette took me to LadyFingers Sewing Studio. It was fun and there was so much goodness to look at. They have the cutest Eric Carle Very Hungry Caterpillar Fabric. I stuck to my plan and only spent $3.71. Paulette always takes me to great fabric stores. I found these fun blacks to go with the reds from AmandaJean. Now I just have to think about what to make with them...In other news, I keep working down my to-do list. That little list has really motivated me. I have the boys curtains hung so I can measure for the hemming. I really like the way they turned out. The material feels like a sheet to me. I've not had any cotton quite like it. The down side is that it wrinkles fairly easily. The wrinkled look definitely "goes" with their room decor (early modern destruction). Hopefully I'll have pictures by Monday.

3 comments:

jacquie said...

That is red love! I spy some Olivia dots too. I'm in love with those dots.

Amanda Jean said...

enjoy! I'm so glad you like it. :)

Cathi said...

Oooh -- that red with those blacks is going to be a fabulous quilt. Love the effect of black, white and red. Absolutely love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...