- Living room curtains (I'm still trying to decide exactly how I want to make them). 12 yards of fabric always makes me a little nervous. I want to cut it before I wash it so it will be easier to handle but I don't know how much it will shrink and I don't want to end up with a piece that is way too long or way too short so I've been putting the whole thing off.
- Boys' room curtains. The fabric arrived today and it is GORGEOUS! This is the softest cotton I've felt. I think I'm going to make tab tops for them. I have a really nice curtain rod with blue glass balls on either side and matching side pull back thingies (I can't think this morning) that I took from our old house. If it fits I'll use it on the one window and try to find another one for the second window. I purchased the fabric from bee square fabrics. She was great to order from and has lots of fun fabrics. The boys picked Two Young Street Pick Up Sticks. I LOVE this fabric and wish I could have convinced them to use the rocket pattern. I guess they are getting a little too old but I love it all the same.
- Applique and binding for Mimi's quilt along table runner. I did a little more research and reading last night and think I have the applique figured out. I'll keep practicing.
- Hand quilting and binding on Amanda Jeans first quilt along. I have 9 blocks quilted and still have a lot to do as there are all the sashing pieces and the borders to quilt. I started watching Lawrence of Arabia last night while quilting. I know this isn't Jane Austin but I never saw this movie and it appealed to me.
- Pick up projects from Cafe on Main. I think I sold a few things. The money might cover about 1/4 of all the curtain fabric I bought recently. The left over items are going to our church's old fashioned carnival.
- Send out Amanda Jean's stash. She and I are doing a little trade. I went through and picked out quite a few things. I can't wait to feel a little lighter and see what she sews up with my extras!
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
To Do List
I've noticed things piling up. It has begun to feel more like summer around here (temperature wise, I mean) and I don't always feel like sewing when it's hot. I just can't bring myself to put in more air conditioners. I wouldn't go outside all summer if I was in air conditioning too much. Anyway, I need a list to remind me what MUST get done. I'm in the process of finding a fairly full time-ish job for the fall and know that my sewing will probably get packed up for awhile. I need a reminder of things that should be finished by then: