Saturday, October 25, 2008

All or Nothing

It seems I either post a lot or not at all. I guess it all comes down to time. When I have time to sew and blog I post a lot. When I don't.....well......I don't.I spent the morning making a new tote bag. I lined it with cotton batting so it is really sturdy. I'll probably use it to tote my materials to and from church. The bag turned out really nicely. I am thoroughly sick of this Alexander Henry fabric, however. I STILL have at least a yard of both left. I loved it so much when I first saw it that I bought a lot. Now I'm sick of seeing it. I have a tote bag, a wristlet, a messenger bag, a cushion and two pillows made out of the stuff. Definitely overkill. Anybody want to trade some fabric???????
Anyway....in other exciting news...after finishing the wristlet I wanted to try more. I went to the Fabric Outlet and got zippers ($0.35 each), swivel hooks ($0.75) and key rings ($0.20) to make some different straps. I also bought some brown fabric to make Nolan a St. Francis costume. Pictures on that later.
I'm probably going to use some of these fabrics (above and below) to make some new wristlets. Maybe I'll send them to my nieces who are in college. A fun mail surprise.

1 comment:

Trisha said...

I love that fabric you used for the bag. I made a Plain Spoken quilt using the big print for the back and the small one for the binding. You can see it here...
http://tlcstitches.blogspot.com/2008/09/baby-shower-quilt-done.html

I know what you mean about getting sick of a fabric, but you sure have made good use out of it with all the cute projects you have done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...