Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Blah's turn to Productivity

All this week I've been feeling a little sorry for myself. This mostly happens in the mornings when I am leaving for work. I've been lamenting the loss of my stay-at-home status. I really loved being a stay-at-home. I loved having the time to do all those domestic things like cooking and baking and cleaning and gardening. Ok, I'm not so good at the cleaning and gardening part but it got done more often when I was home. I really miss volunteering at school and having time to sew.

So in the mornings on my drive to work I've been a bit sad. Also a bit PMS. The two probably go together pretty well. Once I'm at work, though, I forget all about it and enjoy my job. So yesterday I really pondered my situation and gave myself a little talking to. I really need to be working if we are to continue sending the boys to private school. I'm really dedicated to keeping them in this school through 8th grade. I really need this job because it gives us our benefits. I actually LIKE this job. Plus, I am home by 3:45 everyday, I don't have to think about work when I'm home, I have holidays and summers off. They even work out our pay so that we are paid all year round, not just over the school year.

I decided that there was no reason for my malaise. I could still cook and clean and garden and sew. I just needed to be a little more organized and energetic. I gave myself a little list:
  • mow the grass
  • clean up the papers floating around the house
  • pay the bills
  • clean the downstairs
  • wash the kitchen floor
  • dust and sweep the basement room
  • organize all that Religious Ed paraphernalia that is a mess
  • Quilt
  • Take a picture of the mini quilt from upstatelisa
Now, I didn't expect to get all this done in one day, but maybe two. I cut the grass (boy does that improve the view from the sun room), paid the bills, put a pile of every paper floating around the house onto the sun room table and threw away or organized them all, dusted and swept the dinning and living rooms, organized all my religious ed materials (class starts Sun.), and took the photos you see in this post.

Thanks, Lisa, for the amazing quilt. I just love it and can't wait to get it hung in my sewing room. I love the little zipper pouch she made me as well. I already have it "loaded" and in my purse.
So, I didn't get to the quilting or finish the cleaning but I really was able to accomplish quite a bit even after working all day. I even helped a few children with their homework! I'm feeling better about my situation and thanking God for the situation he has put us in. It is so much good and really so little to fret about. Plus, I have a four day weekend next week!

4 comments:

jacquie said...

good for you! i know those feelings. just know that for now you're doing what you need to do. (be sure and take a few minutes for yourself too!)

volpecircus said...

you (and your productivity) amaze me. it's so hard to sometimes see past what we think we should be doing and see what God IS giving us, even though we may not completely like the way it is gift wrapped some times. i know what you mean. it helps me so much when i tell myself, enough is enough and just look around and thank Him for everything that is there. blessings and prayers for you my dear! :)

Amanda Jean said...

I have to give myself an attitude adjustment sometimes, too. your quilt from Lisa is great. lucky you!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a really good plan. Change is often difficult and a little lamenting now and then is quite alright.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...