Sunday, June 12, 2011

Altoid's Tin Repurposed

Here's dolly and her tin.
I've had an idea floating in my head for many months now. I just hate to throw away those little Altoid's tins. I was sure there was some crafty purpose to them. When I was a girl, I bought a carrying case that had two little dolls. I can't remember the name of the dolls to save my life. The case was pink, in bad shape and could hold about 10 dolls in all. Each was unique in some way. The set was probably from the 1960's or early 70's. I don't even remember if the dolls had clothes. No problem. I made them little dresses out of fabric scraps. I have the fondest memories of playing with those dolls over the summer on our front porch with my friend Sally. I even remember that the one doll was pudgy and the other thin, just like Sally and I (I was the pudgy one). 
Nothing says 'I love you' like a homemade quilt.
All tucked in for the night.
So in reminiscing about these dolls and the hours of enjoyment I got out of them (I wonder if my mom still has them.....) I thought about making something little and fun for play. These photos show you what I did this morning. I have about 5 more tins so I'm thinking they each could be something different. This one is the bed. I have an idea for the kitchen and even church. Now I need a name. I first thought about calling them pocket pals but I think there are too many other products with that name. Let me know if you have any ideas. I think I'll put them in my etsy shop to sell. 


(** edited....the dolls I had were called Liddle Kiddles. Here's the link for the case I had.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...