Monday, June 13, 2011

Slow Sew

The slow movement. I'm not talking about my teenagers in the morning, either. There is a trend to slow down. To do things that take time. Slow cooking vs. fast food. Slow living vs. a fast paced life. For the most part we've always lived this way. I hate being in a hurry. Too many joys are missed. I decided to embrace slow sewing. I guess slow quilting is the more accurate term. I'm hand quilting my latest quilt. I have always preferred hand quilting over machine quilting. Of course, it takes MUCH longer. I find it more enjoyable, however. I love that my quilt is portable. I've quilted at the pool, at the park, while waiting for my kids to finish classes, in the living room, basement, sunroom, bedroom and sewing room. Actually, I almost never hand quilt in the sewing room. 


The quilt is coming together nicely. I'm hoping to have it finished by the end of the week. I've been spending my early mornings and nights after the kids are in bed doing a little quilting. It's slow but it's satisfying. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...