Friday, October 7, 2011

Mobile Sewing Room

Here's my current sewing room. We like to call it the living room, too. I can't even believe I'm actually feeling whiney about having to cart my fabric around the house. Many people don't have a dedicated sewing space. It's just that when one is used to having everything set up and ready to go, it is an adjustment to have to dig through boxes for fabric and kneel on the floor to use my cutting board. Oh, poor, poor me! (Note: the reason for all the boxes is because we had a flooded basement and the computer etc. needed a new home...my sewing room.)


Now I'm done with the pity party. I'm actually very excited about this weekend. It's supposed to be beautiful all weekend and we all have Monday off. So I'm hoping to get all the homework done tonight so we can enjoy the weekend unencumbered by thoughts of school and work.


I'm also hoping to get a bit of sewing done. I spent last night purging my extraneous sewing notions and patterns. I do this every so often and it does feel good. We have quite a pile for the Goodwill in our dinning room. Another project for this weekend! My hope is to make a quilt or at least get the top started. I've had this fabulous cowboy fabric in my stash for quite a while and I'd like to use it this weekend. I'm still trying to decide if I want to use it as the backing for a quilt or if I want to cut it up and piece it somehow. I'll be thinking on that today at work. I am on the road and so will have some thinking time.


Have a happy Friday, all. Be thankful for at least one thing today.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...