Saturday, October 8, 2011

Slice and Dice

Here's my friday night/saturday morning project. I've decided to make a stacked coins quilt (or maybe even two). It's a fairly simple quilt that uses up a lot of stash fabric. I'm really looking to decrease the boxes of "stuff" around here and decided to dedicate my current sewing to that end. 


We've had quite a month of school with Nolan. It's been challenging for him to be thrown into a new school in the 8th grade after being homeschooled for several years. I wanted to give him (and me) a break this weekend so we worked diligently last night to get all of his homework finished. I cut rectangles while helping him and got up this morning to cut more. 


Nathan and Mike are at a cross country meet and Nolan and I are heading out to market. After that I'm planning some more dedicated time to cutting and sewing. I'm really looking forward to this relaxing weekend. 


I hope yours is peaceful as well.

1 comment:

Kedren said...

This blog entry is so sad yet so mature, Beth.

I hope you will sew again when you need it (and when my grandbabies need quilts from their great-aunt beth!).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...