Tuesday, April 17, 2007

use what you have

I know when I've been looking at too many blogs when I want to find something I saw and just can't do it. Someone out there in blog-land posted that she was not going to buy anything new in April. She would just use what she had. What a grand idea.I finished my quilt and will take a picture of it as soon as the sun shines enough to get a good shot. I am in the mood to sew things that aren't quilts for some reason. I also want to try to use fabric that has been sitting in my house (and the last house) for years and years. My style has changed over the years and so has my sewing. I have fabric that I don't love anymore but I want to use it anyway. I may try to make some bags to sell with it. Just because it isn't my style doesn't mean it won't be just perfect for another person.
I made this little dress yesterday. It has heart pockets but you can't really see them because they are made of the same fabric. I don't really have any trim to add to the dress since I've not sewn a whole lot for girls (having only boys myself). But I loved the fabric and couldn't resist buying it. I still have about a yard of the fabric and may try to make something for myself with it. I'm not sure what yet.

1 comment:

volpecircus said...

Awww Beth. That dress, and fabric, is absolutely adorable! Did you use a pattern for it? You can sew for my girls any time you want! We all know I don't do as much of it as I should.

In Christ, Heather

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...